Celebrate The Winter Solstice!
"Attuning our senses to the subtle changes and cycles of the seasons might help us attune more lovingly to the subtle changes and cycles in ourselves." - Deena Wade
The Winter Solstice marks the shortest day of the year in terms of daylight hours and has been celebrated widely since ancient times. It's a beautiful time of year to deepen our connection with nature and with ourselves. What does winter mean to you? How is this winter different? What changes are you hoping to create as we welcome in more light?
Here are a few easy ideas to celebrate the Winter Solstice:
1. Visit a place outdoors that is special to you
2. Draw or paint pictures of winter scenes
3. Write an acrostic poem with the root word “solstice” or "winter"
4. Watch the sunset, giving thanks for both the darkness and the light
5. Gather with loved ones in a circle of candlelight
Wishing you all a meaningful Winter Solstice and a safe Holiday season!